Previously the Rhema Garden had educational facilities for pre-school age children which was generously funded by a UK organisation. Unfortunately, the organisation shifted their focus to older children and we had to close the nursery school down.
There is a great need in Cumbum for pre-school aged children to attend a nursery school setting as some children only have one parent which makes going out to work very difficult. We would love to be able to re-open the facility for these pre-schoolers to provide a good grounding not only for the school years, but also to support parents look after their children by being able to work and afford food and essentials.
The objective of the play school would be to:
- Teach English alongside Tamil
- Demonstrate and encourage good behaviour
- Engage social transformation
- Share bible stories and prayer
- Develop relationships with their parents and the community and share the love of Jesus
One off set up costs: £979
- TVD, DVD and toys - £306
- Purchase CDs and learning resources (rhymes, words, alphabets, posters) - £122
- Sleeping mattresses with bedding - £245
- Renovation, partition and painting of section of large hall building - £306
Ongoing monthly costs
- Monthly salary for 2 teachers - £122
- Monthly salary for 1 helper / carer - £49
- Provide snacks, biscuits and drinks - £14
If you would like to contribute towards these costs in any way, you are able to contribute through our donate page or on Sherry's fundraising page. Sherry Secker will be travelling to India on the 28th of February 2017 to investigate and discuss setting up these facilities with a view to open in the new term.